Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Pre-Dawn Walk


 Pre-dawn walking is encouraged in Virginia in August. It is cooler, quieter, and you can be alone with your thoughts. The dog walks with me and we walk the neighborhood streets, a single star still visible in the pre-dawn sky looming over us. An occasional car drives by, some early to work, some just getting home. Here and there, evidence of other risers. A jogger in the distance, the faint sounds of his shoes on the pavement. A light comes on in the house to the left of us, the blue light of a television flickers in the window of another house.

Cicadas hum in the bushes, and the birds, just rising, sing to waken the sun. Time to head home, start the coffee, and begin another day of work.

If you would like to see my work on a daily basis, as well as other projects I undertake, please follow me on Facebook at tART - Photography and Art by Terry Rowe,  https://www.facebook.com/tarrowe. If you'd like to purchase a print of any of my images please contact me or visit my website, http://terry-rowe.artistwebsites.com/.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and visit!