Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Art Exhibit Submissions, March

In order to be seen, an artist must exhibit. Each exhibit risks rejection. If an artist is lucky or talented enough to be accepted into the exhibit there's still the risk of rejection by the public (translated into lack of sales).

So, this March, I've submitted to two different events. The first is an exhibition for the Falls Church Arts All-Member show, I know at least one piece will make it into the Falls Church All-Member show, hopefully two.

The second is a competition through Santa Fe Workshops, with the theme "Travels." This competition is my third attempt to get juried into one of the Workshops' competitions. The field is talented and fierce so I'm hopeful but bracing for rejection.

Included here are my five pieces submitted to the two events. Would love to know what you think of any or all of them.













































If you would like to see my work on a daily basis, as well as other projects I undertake, please follow me on Facebook at tART - Photography and Art by Terry Rowe,  https://www.facebook.com/tarrowe. If you'd like to purchase a print of any of my images please contact me or visit my website, http://terry-rowe.artistwebsites.com/.

4 comments:

  1. I love all your work but of this set I particularly like the Waterford Market. You have captured a slice of time. It is more than a great image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...Waterford is a special place and the market has always fascinated me.

      Delete
  2. Your still life work is masterful. Your work of 'travels' exhibit your great eye for capturing the essence of a place in a moment of time. Best wishes for success in these and future shows. Your work is always a winner in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! Love the support. It's hard to put one's work out for judging, but it must be done. Helps when people who like my work let me know, much appreciated.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and visit!