Monday, June 1, 2015

the muse



sometimes the muse is silent
a query for inspiration
for a voice
is met with silence
a stillness that is filled with no

all I can do is wait
wait for her to return from some distant place I cannot go

while I wait I clear out
clear my mind, sweep the dust from the corners
shake out my thoughts
gently wash my heart with tears

because I know
if my muse is missing
she's been pushed away by all the clutter of life
the unsaid words
the unshed tears
I need to clear a space for her to return

so I tidy up
get ready
and I wait




Original prose & photograph by Terry Rowe. Please feel free to share this blog with others. 

You can see my art work or photographs at www.terryrowe.photography. I hope you will consider acquiring one of my photographs for your personal enjoyment or as a gift. 

If you are on Facebook, you can find me at tART - Photography & Art by Terry Rowe, https://www.facebook.com/tarrowe. 

Your visit and comments are appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Very well put, and quite thought provoking. My life is rather cluttered at the moment. Time to clean out the corners.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and visit!