Monday, June 1, 2015

the muse



sometimes the muse is silent
a query for inspiration
for a voice
is met with silence
a stillness that is filled with no

all I can do is wait
wait for her to return from some distant place I cannot go

while I wait I clear out
clear my mind, sweep the dust from the corners
shake out my thoughts
gently wash my heart with tears

because I know
if my muse is missing
she's been pushed away by all the clutter of life
the unsaid words
the unshed tears
I need to clear a space for her to return

so I tidy up
get ready
and I wait




Original prose & photograph by Terry Rowe. Please feel free to share this blog with others. 

You can see my art work or photographs at www.terryrowe.photography. I hope you will consider acquiring one of my photographs for your personal enjoyment or as a gift. 

If you are on Facebook, you can find me at tART - Photography & Art by Terry Rowe, https://www.facebook.com/tarrowe. 

Your visit and comments are appreciated.