Friday, June 13, 2014

Jet Lag Limbo

I love to travel, I love the different perspectives - the freshness and excitement of looking with new eyes on a world transformed.

What I don't love is the re-entry - the flurry of slipping back into the life I left behind while I was gone - a life that doesn't quite fit because I have shifted, transformed a bit. It's like a pair of favorite socks that have been washed and now are a bit scratchy and tight.

Add to the mix a dose of jet lag and a summer cold and I find myself in a hazy limbo of slight discomfort and discombobulated. So I wait, rest, and paint pictures in my head.




If you would like to see my work on a daily basis, as well as other projects I undertake, please follow me on Facebook at tART - Photography and Art by Terry Rowe,  https://www.facebook.com/tarrowe. If you'd like to purchase a print of any of my images please contact me or visit my website, http://terry-rowe.artistwebsites.com/. 

4 comments:

  1. After a journey...an expansion...an awakening...nothing ever seems to fit. But for me, I remember it "is that life" that allowed me to sail...and it will no doubt adjust to accommodate. Perhaps the nautilus understands this best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps what is worse is when the apparent transformations and new insights fade into the background of who you are and what you do in what seems to be an ordinary life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is the key Stan, it's very easy to slip back into the familiar, documenting / recording the thoughts and feelings that accompany the shift help to keep the ordinary from re-claiming it's territory.

      Delete
  3. Travel needs to be journaled and photographed. And not necessarily with electronic media. I do not write in journals daily. But nothing has replaced them yet for the random thoughts while experiencing the different.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and visit!