Saturday, June 21, 2014

Laundry Day in Saissaic

Driving through the French village of Saissaic we stopped by the side of the road to take pictures and were enchanted by the these linens hanging on the line to dry.

Below is the original photograph. It has been cropped and edited to add more flowers, and to change the color of the yellow roses to pink.





































Next, I brought the photograph into Corel Painter X3 and began painting. Below is a sample of the painted work in progress. I rather like this loose stage and might re-work the painting to a more abstract, loose look.





































Finally, the finished piece - painted with five different brushes - texture added and signed.

































If you would like to see my work on a daily basis, as well as other projects I undertake, please follow me on Facebook at tART - Photography and Art by Terry Rowe,  https://www.facebook.com/tarrowe. If you'd like to purchase a print of any of my images please contact me or visit my website, http://terry-rowe.artistwebsites.com/.  

6 comments:

  1. Well, you know me... I love the loose stage. I'm trying so hard to "think" like the impressionists but it seems when I'm in this stage, my eyes are out of focus. But... Stand back from it and it's awesome..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micky! Maybe that's the trick - keep slightly out of focus. Maybe I should leave my glasses off when I'm painting! :-)

      Delete
  2. Terry, I love what you did to the photo. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, I love what you did with the photo. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and visit!